Name: Jessica Jane Dewhurst
Nickname: Jess or Jessdewy
Originally from: South Africa, Cape Town J
Show(s) and time(s): JUST LISTEN every Monday from 2 – 4pm
Who killed the talk show host?
- He’s still alive. Jamming up there with Elvis and Kurt Cobain.
Why are you the universe’s cure to boredom?
- I’m strange and apparently people find that interesting I’m deathly afraid of cats, chocolate makes me sick and to me coffee tastes nasty…
What motivates you to stay out of bed everyday?
- What are you talking about? I’m in bed?
Do you believe in ghosts?
- Yes, yes, yes!!
Make up your own question and answer it
- Q: Greatest invention?
- A: The toilet. Yes. I said it.
- Q: Do you play any instruments?
- A: Yes, piano since I was a kid and guitar for the last few years
What is your plan for world domination?
- Now if I told you… I would have to kill you…
Your perfect playlist (5 songs)
- Everything you wanted – When Karma Sleeps
- Poison – TAAR
- Like the Wheel – The Tallest Man on Earth
- Against all odds – aKING
Five favourite artists?
- When Karma Sleeps
- The Tallest Man on Earth
- Mumford & Sons
- The Kooks
AND ALL THOSE SA BANDS OUT THERE MAKING ME PROUD!!
Who is your favourite news/talk personality?
What has been your most embarrassing moment on-air?
- When an extremely well known SA band (not mentioning names) called in to the show and the phones weren’t working. All we heard was dead air for like 12 seconds. Yeah.
What is your favourite website?
Who is your ideal person to interview?
- Thom York, Debussy, Nelson Mandela, Jesus. Yeah.
What is your favourite hangout spot?
- UCT Radio’s couch… despite the smell J
Any artwork, book, or song that has changed your life?
- Dubussy “Claire De Lune”, The Tallest Man on Earth “Like the Wheel” and Kate Walsh “Your Song”
What does UCT Radio’s pay-off line, Maximum respect, mean to you?
- No judgement. No negativity. Love. Being true to yourself and others.